Thursday, April 21, 2011

If I Had a Hammer

Hello all,
Sorry I have been away for so long. Leigh and I have been discussing wedding plans. I didn't realize that weddings take so long to plan. I am so glad I am not royalty. I've been seeing on the TV this Will and Kate wedding hoop-la. I am so glad that Leigh and I will be able to have a simple wedding. I am sitting here thawing out. Our people had their door fixed today. The guy had the door open for several hours and my nook is on the same wall as the door. What does a gnome have to do to get a little heat around here? I was watching as this guy installed the door. He was really quite good. If I had been made with a hammer in my hand, I think that I would like to do some type of carpentry/repair work. I could have made little chairs, tables, beds, etc. I would have had a lucrative business, because who wouldn't want to buy a piece of furniture from a gnome? Then maybe I could have been knighted by the queen (for she is a slight person and would probably enjoy a tiny chair, table, and bed). Oh, but there I go letting my dreams get ahead of me. I am proud to have my book and my thumb-up. Besides, Leigh says she prefers the scholarly type to the burly type. Man, I am a lucky gnome. Remember, "To do big tasks you can only take one small step at a time." Ta-Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment