Saturday, April 30, 2011

Watermelon

Hello all,
Now that the royal wedding is over, Leigh and I are now able to focus totally on our wedding plans. If Leigh has a dress anything like Kate's, she would topple over. We have already seen what can happen when a gnome topples over...see the half-hat story as a reference. Anyway, back to the subject...the food. Leigh and I had our first argument the other day. I know you are completely and totally shocked, but we gnomes can get our dander up just like humans. We can't be jolly all the time...that's just unrealistic. We were discussing wedding plans (as those of you who are married know, it can be a stressful time). We were talking about food for the reception. Leigh believes that we should cut up an entire watermelon into pieces as one of our buffet items. I made the suggestion (being the money watcher that I am) that we only cut up 1/4 of a melon for the buffet. There is absolutely no way that we will be able to eat an ENTIRE watermelon. We are small gnomes. Then she stated that we would not be the only people at the wedding. Of course, I knew that our people would be there, but they probably wouldn't eat an entire watermelon (although Jennifer can put down some melon...I'm just saying). Leigh thought that we may have at least 3 guests, besides our people. "Well, let's cut up half a watermelon," were the words that came out of my mouth. Who knew such words would open a can of worms?!?! Suddenly, Leigh was accusing me of being too cheap to give her the wedding she had always dreamed of. She told me that ever since her days of creation at the factory, she had dreamed of having a WHOLE WATERMELON at her wedding. Who knew?!? Obviously, not me. So I was forced to move to the other end of the shelf, for a "cooling down" period. I'm still regulated to stay there. Who knew that a New Orleans made gnome could have such a temper? I am, of course, going to let her have her dream of having a whole watermelon at the reception, but can you blame a gnome for trying to save a buck in this tough economy? Hopefully I can be forgiven for my penny-pinching ways. Oh well, I have to get comfy next to the Star Wars movie for the time being...I really wish Jennifer would get rid of some of these tapes...a gnome needs some room to move, even if he is in the dog house. Ta, Ta for now.

I am a desperate gnome. Next to Star Wars is not my home!

No comments:

Post a Comment