Friday, June 17, 2011

The Trip


Hello all,
I am so sorry that I have neglected my gnomley duties of blogging for my gnomies. I got back from my road trip and I have been telling Leigh all about it and forgot to tell you all in blog land. We had an absolutely wonderful time, but of course I missed Leigh. This was the first trip I have been on since her arrival at our home. For the next few blogs, I will break down some of the places we went on our journey. It will help to settle my mind. We have been extremely focused on the wedding plans, and I need a creative outlet to NOT talk about wedding details (although the plans are coming about smashingly). When we left on our road trip of various odd sites, I was very excited. Our first stop was at a place in Brownsville, TN. It is called "Billy Tripp's Mind Field." Pretty much this guy loves to weld. He has welded this huge array of various saying, thoughts, symbols, and imaginary thoughts/items. He has dedicated the Mind Field to his parents and he plans to be buried underneath it some day. He has the place marked where he will be buried. There is currently a bathtub in that area. This place was a little creepy. I opted to stay in the car on this one, but I did see Keith be a rebel and go behind the fence marked, "Do Not Trespass." I wonder if his mind got filled with craziness...I guess we will have to wait to find out. Once we left Brownsville, we headed toward Nashville. Well, en route my people saw a sign for this antique store. They thought, "That was a cool sign, we should find this place." We got off the exit and drove for literally 30 minutes looking for this store. We did get to see a Civil War battle field, which was cool, but they were obsessed with finding this store. Once they found it, they were only in there for about 15 minutes. My people can be wacky sometimes. Then we were back on the road to Nashville. Nashville is a crazy place to drive! There were all these , "Switch to this lane, no this lane, put your foot on your head and scratch your nose," directions. We finally (after Jennifer did a Duke's of Hazzard style cut across 3 lanes) made it to the cemetery we were looking for in Nashville. The thing we were looking for was the "Suicide Rock-Maybe." Legend has it that a man's fiancee committed suicide by diving from a rock. He had a piece of the rock shipped to Nashville for her to be buried under, hence the name "Suicide Rock," Since it is a legend, they have to include the maybe. I got a chance to stand on it. Jennifer made sure I didn't fall. I think she wanted to make sure it wasn't renamed, "The Rest of Rupert's Hat Demise Rock." We then looked around this cemetery for a little while and got back on the road to Murfreesboro, TN. For the evening, this is where my tale will have to end. It is time for Leigh and I to get settled into the book shelf. I will fill you in on more crazy tales from our trip in future blogs. I promise not to make you wait so long! Ta, ta for now.


The Mind Field

Where Billy will be buried.

Keith being a rebel in his Hawiian shirt.

The random antique store

The Suicide Rock-Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment