Thursday, March 17, 2011

My first trip

So, I am sitting in my nook one day in the tiny apartment that my people lived in at the time. I had admired the wedding picture on the wall and the massive amount of tapes that my person Jennifer kept acquiring. Man, she really liked/likes video tapes. All of the sudden I hear my people talking about an upcoming trip to Gatlinburg, TN. I wanted to scream out, "Ew, Ew take me," but that would have been improper. One does not invite oneself on a trip...how rude. The plans sounded amazing. A weekend in the mountains at a Bed-n-Breakfast, sounds perfect for a gnome...right?!? I just sat back in my nook and assumed that I would be spending the weekend cleaning out the lint tray on the dryer...why does that thing get so filthy? As I watched them pack and get ready, my sadness became too much. When they were heading out the door, my person Keith turned around and picked me up. He then carried me out to the car, sat me on a pillow, and strapped me in. I was going on the vacation. I was so overjoyed that I wanted to dance a traditional gnome dance, but remember I was on a pillow so I could get no traction. After a long, long, long car ride, we arrived at the Bed-n-Breakfast. I was a little green from all the twists and turns coming up the mountain, but when I looked around, it was so worth it. We were literally on the top of the mountain. You could hear the streams bubbling by and see the forests all around. What a sight to behold. I was so happy that my people took me on this trip. I got to spend time in a hammock and I got to go to the Apple Barn and see how they make taffy. Do you know that they stretch it over and over and over again before they cut it into little pieces? It was amazing. The food was incredible and my accommodations on the dressing table were superb. It was a wonderful trip and I was a very lucky gnome to get to go. Ta-Ta for now...be kind to your small person friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment