Friday, March 18, 2011

Walking in Memphis

This blog will have musings from the past, as well as current happenings. Today I got to go to work with my person Keith. He was tasked with the job of showing Fluffy the paper penguin from Bellmawr, NJ around Memphis. It is a class project for a group of 1st graders. Keith was to see places as he went on home visits, and he had me come along to keep Fluffy company. Let's just say, I think people were more impressed with me than they were with Fluffy. I mean, really, a paper penguin or a half-hatted gnome...you do the math. We had a great time visiting places all around Memphis. For all the years I have lived with my people and all the adventures we have been on, I have never been to Downtown Memphis. It was so smashing. We visited Graceland...I know I felt Elvis there. Then we went to Beale Street. It must be tourist season because everywhere I went, there were tourists. They thought the idea of a grown man walking down the street with a gnome (stored in his oh so trendy carrying case) and a paper penguin named Fluffy was kind of amusing. All kinds of people wanted to have their pictures taken with us. Keith did a good job of spreading the love with the camera time between Fluffy and I. We visited the Orpheum and what is left of Tom Lee Park. Apparently they are doing tons of construction down there, which Keith found appalling. He just kept talking about it all the way home. All in all, it was a great day, but I am kind of glad Fluffy is returning to New Jersey. He was a little flat and cold for my taste. Remember, a man is only as great as his gnome. Ta-Ta for now!






2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing Fluffy around Rupert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem. Next time could you send a female gnome down to visit? Just saying.=)

    ReplyDelete